[vtkusers] procrustes for non-rigid initialisation

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Fri May 2 07:17:30 EDT 2003

Hi Imho,

On Fri, 2 May 2003, imho wrote:

> I'd like to use the vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter as first registration
> method (before a non-rigid one).

I am not really sure that I understand your question. Why use Procrustes
if you have only two pointsets? vtkLandmarkTransform should be able to
provide you with the transform required to align set1 with set2 in a
least-squares sense.

> If I've two pointsets, how can I tell wich points use to do the
> registration ( 3 or 4 points)?

Do you mean how to select the points, that represent your data in the
optimal way? If that is the case, a specification of "optimal" is needed.

Please clarify.

Regards,
Rasmus