[vtkusers] The latest CVS - a request.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Mon Mar 31 18:44:21 EST 2003

Can we please have back the directory \VTKBin\bin and the two
subdirectories release and debug? This was really convenient because all
the dll's and libs were collected and stored here. Now it seems that
they are scattered through all the various subdirectories.

An alternative would be to provide a CMake option that lets the user
select if they want \VTKBin\bin\release and \VTKBin\bin\debug.

While I am on the subject would it also be possibly to copy the TCL lib
currently in \VTKBin\Wrapping\Tcl\Release or Debug to the same place as
the dlls? I think pkgIndex.tcl is the one to copy.

My objective is to have as few paths defined as possible.

One problem with the new arrangement is either you have to set up many
paths or you have to manually copy everything.  This makes compilation
and packaging very difficult.

Thanks

   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean