[vtkusers] trackball interactor strange behaviour (part2)

Paul paulstjohn at cogeco.ca
Mon Mar 31 08:49:06 EST 2003

I experienced a similar problem with Qt some time ago.

The issue was that the version (2.2 or earlier) of Qt
I was using was grabbing the mouse postion while processing
an event instead of using the position stored with the event.

I reported this to Trolltech and provided them with a
diff that fixed (for my app.) the problem.  I am fairly
certain that it was fixed in Qt some time ago.

My problem was on Windows in the module qapplication_win.cpp.
If you look for uses of GetCursorPos() you may be able to
fix the problem yourself (if, indeed, this is the cause of
your problems).  Note that there are probably places where
using GetCursorPos() is what they want to do (E.g., in
implementing mouse compression), so be careful of what you
change.

HTH,
Paul St. John
www.visible-bytes.com