[vtkusers] Light in vtkPanel

Richard.Bridge at tessella.com Richard.Bridge at tessella.com
Wed Mar 26 04:08:40 EST 2003

Are you setting the ambient property on your actors?

eg.
anActor.GetProperty().SetAmbient(0.25);

And then setting the ambient on the vtkPanel...

aPanel.GetRenderer().SetAmbient(2.0,2.0,2.0);

I found these settings improved the situation quite a lot.

Richard
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|
|                        |   Jan-Gerrit Drexhage  |                        |
|                        |   <jdrexhage at wiwi.uni-b|           To:          |
|                        |   ielefeld.de>         |   vtkusers at public.kitwa|
|                        |   Sent by:             |   re.com               |
|                        |   vtkusers-admin at public|           cc:          |
|                        |   .kitware.com         |           Subject:     |
|                        |                        |   [vtkusers] Light in  |
|                        |   26/03/2003 00:18 CET |   vtkPanel             |
|                        |                        |                        |
|------------------------+------------------------+------------------------|

Hello,

my added objects in a vtkPanel are too bright and the surface of the
objects
is not identifyable. I tried already with vtkProperty and Diffuse and
Ambient as someone mentioned before, but it didn't worked. I also tried to
SwitchOff() the light in vtkPanel but no difference.

I added a pic so you can see what I mean.

Thanks in advance
~Jan

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the
addressee(s) only. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
inform the sender immediately.

TESSELLA   Richard.Bridge at tessella.com
__/__/__/  Tessella Support Services plc
__/__/__/  3 Vineyard Chambers, ABINGDON, OX14 3PX, England
__/__/__/  Tel: (44)(0)1235-555511  Fax: (44)(0)1235-553301
          www.tessella.com
          Registered in England No. 1466429

Any attachment(s) were virus checked by Tessella using McAfee GroupShield
5.0 (DAT v.4.0.4245). Please follow your own virus checking procedures
before using any attachment.  Tessella will not be held liable for losses
resulting from any virus in these attachments.