[vtkusers] VTK example or vtkImageMapToColors with a bug?

Ragnar Bade rbade at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Mar 26 03:30:57 EST 2003

Hi

I tried the in the VTK source included medical examples
(VTK\Examples\Medical\Cxx). The first (Medical1.cxx) and second
(Medical2.cxx) example works well. But in the third (Medical3.cxx) the three
slices through the head dosen't display anything - they appear in a uniform
gray.

relevant code for one of  the three slices:

  vtkLookupTable *satLut = vtkLookupTable::New();
    satLut->SetTableRange (0, 2000);
    satLut->SetHueRange (.6, .6);
    satLut->SetSaturationRange (0, 1);
    satLut->SetValueRange (1, 1);

 vtkImageMapToColors *coronalColors = vtkImageMapToColors::New();
    coronalColors->SetInput(v16->GetOutput());  // v16 is a
vtkVolume16Reader
    coronalColors->SetLookupTable(satLut);

  vtkImageActor *coronal = vtkImageActor::New();
    coronal->SetInput(coronalColors->GetOutput());
    coronal->SetDisplayExtent(0,63, 32,32, 0,92);

  aRenderer->AddActor(coronal);

does someone has the same problem running this Example (recall:
VTK\Examples\Medical\Cxx\Medical3.cxx) and how could I solve this problem

I fear that in the worst case the vtkImageMapToColors object will be the
source of error

thanks for any hint

Ragnar