[vtkusers] Can any one explain how to choose a dataset in vtk files for...

Phoebe Yang youngbf at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:30:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm writing a vtk file which will show a half ball or say, a volume
rendering. I hope in the future I can process, for example,
reslicing/cutting.

I'm a little bit confused to choose the dataset and the attributes. Shall I
choose PolyData(it seems for surface rendering) or UnstructruedGrid?

For the attributes, vectors are used for fluid dynamics and represent the
flow of a gas or liquid, right? I should use normals, right?
But I read an example in ://  public.kitware.com /
pub/vtk/vtk4.2/VTKData-4.2.tar.gz, the file "plate.vtk" renders merely a
plate, it use polydata and vectors! why not normals?

So could any one explain me this question?

Thank you,

Phoebe