[vtkusers] Buil Error

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 22 13:43:41 EST 2003

    R> Hi, I have been desperately trying to build tcl for vtk, but I
    R> get following error.

    R> "VTK_WRAP_TCL is ON, but the Tcl library was not found.  Please
    R> set TCL_LIBRARY." "Error"

    R> For which directory I should set TCL_LIBRARY?

That depends on you  platform and whether you have tcl installed.  On
a linux system, do 'locate libtcl' and see if anything turns up, or you
might try

  > find /usr -name "libtcl*"

to find your tcl dir.  It's /usr/lib on my system.  If nothing turns
up in either case, you may not have tcl installed, and you should
install it, either from an rpm or src.

Next time give a little more info about your setup ...

John Hunter