[vtkusers] vtkWarpScalar Simple Problem but please help.

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Mar 21 14:00:00 EST 2003

    RB> Hi, I am trying to do a simple carpet/Surface plot but I have
    RB> been having lots of trouble. I basically have x, y and z data
    RB> and I just want to warp the x-y plane by the z. I have tried
    RB> about 10 different ways to do this, including the contour
    RB> filter, but without success. I think my main problem is in
    RB> creating the original vtkData object (in java)?

What error messages do you get with your curent code, these are useful
clues to people who might answer so its well worth including them.

Also if you want to warp the x-y plane using the z values you need to
do this:

 warp.XYPlaneOn();
 warp.UseNormalOff();

However if you want the scalars to be used to warp then you need to
turn XYPlane off and set the normal variable to the direction you want
to warp in.

cheers,
prabhu