[vtkusers] VTK Roadmap

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Wed Mar 19 08:24:10 EST 2003

Marcio Antonio Mathias (EDB) wrote:

> Does someone know about a "VTK roadmap". I am afraid about thousands of
> line code written in Tcl/Tk,  if this interpreter (or even another core
> languages) became not supported in further VTK releases.

Marcio,
      I don't work for Kitware, and I'm not one of the vtk developers,
but I can state with confidence that as long as vtk is undergoing
development, there will be a Tcl/Tk wrapper -- it's just too easy
for them to do, and too useful, for them to drop it.
      Tcl was developed for just such applications; it was meant to be
a glue language to tie various apps together.  See
      http://www.tcl.tk/advocacy/tclHistory.html
for more info.

-Jeremy