[vtkusers] Java VTK Error on Windows 98

Xinzi Wu xinxin at sciencesoft.net
Tue Mar 18 19:25:30 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm using VTK (nightly release on May 2, 2002) with Java (Sun's j2sdk 1.4.0). I got the following error under Windows 98. However, I do NOT encounter any problem under Windows ME, 2000, or XP. I built VTK under Windows 2000 with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and Sun's j2sdk 1.4.0.

Here is the error: (I made sure that the path to vtk*.dll is added to the PATH environmental variable.)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\ANALYST.WIN\bin\vtkRenderingJava.dll: A device attached to the system is not functioning
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
 at vtk.vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:27)
 at nmrplot.Nmrplot.createWindow(Nmrplot.java:462)
 at nmrplot.Nmrplot.main(Nmrplot.java:279)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Xinzi Wu