[vtkusers] vtkImageData conversions and contouring (Lane)

lytrash lytrash at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 11:22:52 EST 2003

I am just beginning to learn VTK and have a couple of questions.
  1.. Is it possible to create isosurfaces from vtkImageData using celldata instead of pointdata (i.e., the isosurface would always be between 2 cells -- never through the interior of a cell)? I realize you can color an isosurface using celldata, but that is different.
  2.. I model groundwater infiltration into a 3D pore networks. Ray casting is slow for large networks, but seems to do the right kind of image. Is there a way to convert vtkImageData to vtkPolyData where only the filled pores (having a celldata value greater than zero) become polydata (i.e., the unfilled portion of the network goes away or is invisible and coincident, opposite-facing polygons are culled), so that all you see is where the water has infiltrated?
Lane Yarrington