[vtkusers] How to show unstructured points in colors?

Xianjin Yang Yang at AGIUSA.COM
Mon Mar 17 19:03:30 EST 2003

Hi vtkusers,

My coordinate data are stored in arrays: x[n], y[n], z[n], and there is a
measurement m[i] at each point (x[i], y[i], z[i]). All points are not on a
regular grid. How do I show these scattered points in 3D space? The points may
be represented with small cubes or spheres of different colors depending on the
magnitude of measurement m. It will be even better if I have control of the
point size.

I am using Borland C++ Builder (BCB) 6 on WinXP. I installed
vtkBorlandRenderWindow and the demo BCB project runs OK. This is my test drive
of VTK. Any hints and tips to achieve my goal will be appreciated regardless of
your programming language.

Thank you

Yang