[vtkusers] Mixing vtk and OpenGL views with MFC

Martin Gardner mglistmail at totalise.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 10:36:31 EST 2003

Hi,

I need to display two opengl views and one vtk view to the screen at the
same time on top of the windows mfc framework.
I have tried to get vtk to share the main frame using static splitters
and I have let vtk have it's own window.  The problem is that using vtk
in either configuration messes up the other two opengl views.
What happens is this;
When the app starts up everything looks fine, but after a redraw or
resize of the main app window the opengl view screw up, the colours
change and the area to which they are drawn changes leaving regions of
the screen blank.

Is this because there is only one OpenGL "engine" behind all the views?
Is it getting confused? Can I work around this so that I can display
seperate rendered scenes to different views using vtk or opengl as I wish?

Thanks in advance.

Martin