[vtkusers] Is it possible to read a volume from a single volume file?

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Mon Mar 10 11:07:49 EST 2003

Jonathan, Yes this is quite straightforward...here's a TCL example out of
some of my code

vtkImageReader reader
   reader DebugOn
   reader SetFileName "data_vv.vox"
   reader SetFileDimensionality 3
   reader SetDataExtent 0 255 0 199 0 255
   reader SetDataOrigin 0 0 0
   reader SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar
#  reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
   reader SetDataSpacing 18.88 17.76 18.88
#  reader SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian
   reader SetHeaderSize 280

Internet Mail Message
Received from host:     public.kitware.com [24.97.130.19]

Jonathan Bailleul <Jonathan.Bailleul at greyc.ismra.fr>
Sent by: vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
03/10/2003 10:43 AM

        To:     VTK-User <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
        cc:     (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
        Subject:        [vtkusers] Is it possible to read a volume from a single volume file?

Dear All,

I downloaded a script reading a raw volume through its separate slice
files, and since my volumes are stocked as single raw files, I'd prefer
to read them directly, thus avoiding a time/space-consuming conversion
process.

I took time to examine the online documentation, but I didn't notice any
other mean to perform that reading! Could you give me any advice?

Thanks in advance.