[vtkusers] How to set the path for the package vtk?

Hon-Cheng Wong hcwong at must.edu.mo
Fri Mar 7 23:21:47 EST 2003

Dear all and Marcio,
         I have installed the VTK nightly release from
Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries. After I have
installed the following files to my computer (Windows2000):
1. vtkNightlyCore.exe
2. vtkNightlyTcl.exe
3. tcl832.exe

         I have added C:\vtk\bin and C:\Tcl\bin
to the system path and TCLLIBPATH = C:\vtk\wrapping\tcl
as an environment variable.

I have also tried your method, however, it doesn't work,
the same error message occurred again as follow:

can't find package vtk while execiting "package require vtk"
(file "C:\Program Files\vtk\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Tcl\Cone.tcl"
line12)

I think that my path for the package vtk hasn't been set
properly.

Please tell me how to set the path for the package vtk.
Thank you very much!!

Regards,
Hon-Cheng Wong, Hugo
Faculty of Information Technology,
Macau University of Science and Technology,
Macau, China