[vtkusers] Problem in running Cone.tcl

Hon-Cheng Wong hcwong at must.edu.mo
Fri Mar 7 09:35:16 EST 2003

Dear all,
         I have just installed the VTK nightly release from
Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries. After I have
installed the following files to my computer (Windows2000):
1. vtkNightlyCore.exe
2. vtkNightlyTcl.exe
3. tcl832.exe

I run the Tutorial Cone.tcl to test my installation.
However, I got the following error message:

can't find package vtk while execiting "package require vtk"
(file "C:\Program Files\vtk\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Tcl\Cone.tcl" line12)

I also tried to install the offical release, but I got the same error message
when I run the Cone.tcl.

However, I can run an example of pure Tcl program (Tcl Demo)
"Hello.tcl" provided by Tcl 8.32.

Please tell me how to solve the problem.
Thank you very much!!

Regards,
Hon-Cheng Wong, Hugo
Faculty of Information Technology,
Macau University of Science and Technology,
Macau, China