[vtkusers] Color tubes

Alex Benn alex.benn at incenta.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 10:09:01 EST 2003

Hi,

Im trying to create a tube, composed of two sections of that are different colors.

Initially I did something along the lines of :

VtkLineSource > vtkTubeFilter > vtkPolyDataMapper > vtkActor

And used the actor properties to change the color of each section ( obviously each section having its own actor ).

But I would like the entire tube to belong to one actor,

Ie
VtkLineSource > vtkTubeFilter > vtkPolyDataMapper > vtkAppendPolyData> vtkActor

But cant seem to find a simple way now of controlling the color, without say mapping scalars and using a lookup table. I would just like to specify an RGB colour for each section...

Any help much appreciated,

Alex.