[vtkusers] newbie vtkXYPlotActor question

Andrew Brownsword asword at telus.net
Wed Mar 5 21:03:47 EST 2003

Hello,

I just joined the list and am brand new to VTK.  Initially I have what
should be a very simple problem, but I haven't figured out how to setup
the data objects correctly to get the result I desire.  I am using VTK
from C++ where I have a couple of arrays of floats that I wish to plot
using the vtkXYPlotActor, hopefully without having to copy the data.  I
have successfully setup the window holding the actor, and it appears
but doesn't contain any data and the axis are labelled with nonsensical
values (0..-1 on X and 0..~inf on Y).  I've been trying to use the
User's Guide, the examples, and the DOxygen pages to figure out how to
wrap up the float arrays (even just one of them) so that I can point
vtkXYPlotActor at it and get me data on the display.  Can somebody tell
me which object(s) I need to create and point at my array?  Further, if
I have 10 arrays but I want to easily turn on/off the rendering of
particular arrays how can I do this most easily/efficiently?

Thanks in advance,
   Andrew