[vtkusers] Basic Java wrapping with vtk on Mac OS X 10.2.4

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Wed Mar 5 08:53:55 EST 2003

Hello,
	I used CMake 1.6.5 and cvs vtk of today, VTK_USE_CARBON set and
USE_SHARED_LIBS set.  Cocoa Windows might also work. After a VERY
cursory look at the code, the following change results in a built Java
wrapped set of libraries with some basic functioning :-

in VTK/Common/vtkJavaAwt.h change lines 86 through 88 from:-

JAWT_MacDrawingSurfaceInfo* dsi_mac;
   dsi_mac = (JAWT_MacDrawingSurfaceInfo*)dsi->platformInfo;
   temp0->SetWindowId((void *)dsi_mac->fQDWindow);

to:-

JAWT_MacOSXDrawingSurfaceInfo* dsi_mac;
   dsi_mac = (JAWT_MacOSXDrawingSurfaceInfo*)dsi->platformInfo;
   temp0->SetWindowId((void *)dsi_mac->cgWindowID);

I'm still having trouble with the interactive examples (Step5) and
SimpleVTK (using vtkPanel), but this is the most functional Java
wrapped version I have built and used on Mac OS X yet.

If anyone has had more success, I'd be very grateful if the could let
me know how it was done.

Thanks
Surajit Nundy