[vtkusers] No Text on Tk Widgets (Mac OS 10.2.4)

David Gobbi dgobbi at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Mar 4 11:57:40 EST 2003

Hi Andy,

The problem was with some Tk-less 2D widgets that we use here at
our labs, Sean assumed they were Tk buttons because they look & feel
like Tk buttons.

So it isn't a Tk problem, it is a problem with the rendering of Freetype
text over a vtkActor2D containing polydata under OSX.

I've committed a regression test that highlights the problem:
Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestFreetypeTextOverlay.tcl

 - David