[vtkusers] about vtkMarchingCubes

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Tue Mar 4 09:32:10 EST 2003

zhuo Chen wrote:
> [...]
> When I convert the example in the help document(in
> Tcl language) into VC,I can't compile the program. The
> error shown is about some unresolved external about
> vtkMarchingCubes. I don't know why the problem occur.

Marching Cubes is a patented algorithm, and is located
in the Patented directory.  In order to use it in your
code, you must compile from source (i.e., not just use
the precompiled binaries), after setting the CMake
USE_PATENTED variable.

If you are using it in commercial software, you must
obtain a license from the patent holder.  See
    Patented/vtkMarchingCubes.h
for contact info.

HTH,
-Jeremy