[vtkusers] complaint to Kitware!

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Mon Mar 3 11:24:33 EST 2003

Hey everyone

I just had a couple of things to say about the new books which I have
purchased less than a week ago. This is particularly about the user's guide
which seems to have gotten a new colorful cover and almost no change on
the content. I understand that there is material about widgets but nothing on
python!!

Last week one of kitware people was trying to help me to locate the
directory VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal which happened to be nowhere either
on my vtk root tree or even on the two CDs that came with my books. I was
told on three consecutive e-mails that "the directory is there right
infront of me on the CD" so in the end I figured that my CDs were version
4.2.0 and NOT 4.2.1!! and the reason that I did not have it in my vtktree
was simple, I was NOT a computer genius like some people to know I needed
a cvs update -d for new directories!!

so my questions are

1) why did I not get the new version of the CDs eventhough I purchased
both of the books?

2) How come people at kitware are not aware that the CDs they hold and the
one we hold are different and therefore there is no hope searching for a
directory that is simply not there!!

Thanks