[vtkusers] Render window

N Smethurst nick.smethurst at free.fr
Sun Mar 2 16:12:33 EST 2003

Tuhin,

Please forgive my relative ignorance here.. Maybe I have not understood
properly. I presumed before that when a vtkRenderWindow object's reference
count is reduced to zero, it destroys itself and any baggage that it
created when it was born. Now, after our previous discussion, I'm thinking
that this is not the case and possibly explains why my app leaks memory on
every renderwindow closure.

If I am understanding what has been said, then surely it goes against the
entire principle of c++ that an object is not responsible for it's own
baggage? If vtkRenderWindow creates support objects for itself that are not
independant entities (i.e. they should never exist beyond the existance of
vtkRenderWindow), surely it should be responsible for the deletion of these
objects?

Nick