[vtkusers] Improving 3D surface

Mdl mdl78 at libero.it
Sun Mar 2 12:51:58 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

I have 24*30 scalars arranged in a rectangular grid.
What I am doing now is to display a surface, obtained via a
vtkPlaneSource warped with vtkWarpScalar; I assign the scalars with a
...->GetPointData()->SetScalars(--).

The problem is that I would like the surface to be smoother, because now I
get too hard edges between adjacent polys.
The surface I get now is too coarse.
(Notice that vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter is not what I need, since it modifies
the points...)

Should I increase the resolution of the plane?
Is there a way to get a smooth surface interpolating a given set of points?
Will use of vtkElevationFilter or vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter help me?

Many thanks,
Marco