[vtkusers] rendering isosurface and crashing

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri Jun 27 07:58:54 EDT 2003

dsjen at cs.unc.edu wrote:

>Hi Jeff,
>
>I'm not using threads, at least not explicitly.

using java = using threads.  even if you aren't explicitly creating your
own, there is always the event thread (AWT) for the ui, and there is the
main thread, the gc thread, etc...  not too bad once you understand the
model and then its pretty easy to see where problems could occur when
dealing with non-thread-safe libs.  good luck
-Jeff