[vtkusers] Re: Questions about VTK installation with Python and Tcl/tk

Yanwei Niu niu at mail.eecis.udel.edu
Thu Jun 26 01:07:42 EDT 2003

Hi, Everyone,
   Trying the debug the problem, I tried to look the Makefile
at each subdiretory of VTK,
   I fould the Makefile seems has some place messed up. for example:

in Common/Makefile, in the following command, the  /usr/local/python/lib
should not apprear without L ahead. Anyone know what is the reason the
ccmake generate such a wrong (maybe I am wrong) file?
I had to modify each Makefile in the subdirectory to delete
/usr/local/python/lib without  L before it.

#---------------------------------------------------------
# shared module
#
/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so:
$(vtkCommonPython_SRC_OBJS)  $(vtkCommonPython_DEPEND_LIBS)
	echo "Building shared module
/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so..."
	$(RM) /m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so
	CC -KPIC   -G -o
/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so
$(vtkCommonPython_SRC_OBJS)  -L. -L/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin
-L/usr/local/python/lib /usr/local/python/lib -lvtkCommon -lthread -ldl
-lm -R.:/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin:/usr/local/python/lib
#---------------------------------------------------------
# shared library
#
/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonTCL.so: $(vtkCommonTCL_SRC_OBJS)
$(vtkCommonTCL_DEPEND_LIBS)
	echo "Building shared library
/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonTCL.so..."
	$(RM) /m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonTCL.so
	CC -KPIC   -G -o /m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonTCL.so
$(vtkCommonTCL_SRC_OBJS)  -L. -L/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin
-L/usa/niu/tcl/install/lib /usa/niu/tcl/install/lib -lvtkCommon -lthread
-ldl -lm -R.:/m/usa/niu/VTK/VTK-4.2.2/bin:/usa/niu/tcl/install/lib
# Start of source group "Header Files"

Yours  Sincerely
Yanwei Niu