[vtkusers] Re-Rendering Large Datasets

Todd Schneider tschnei1 at nd.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:36:19 EDT 2003

I have a large set of points (1,000x1,000) that is rendered, then the
points scalars are recalculated, and then the points are rendered again.
This can repeat hundreds of times. As the simulation continues, however,
the scalar values for the points stop changing, resulting in enormous
amounts of time being wasted re-rending points that do no change. I know
the region where the points are no-longer changing, if that is of any
help. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to stop re-drawing these
points every time through the simulation? Thanks in advance,

Todd Schneider