[vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: rpd2.0.0.b1 available for download

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Thu Jun 26 06:23:35 EDT 2003

Skipping Mouse Software is pleased to announce the release of
RPD (Rapid Pipeline Design) 2.0.0.1 beta (Personal Edition).

www.skippingmouse.co.uk contains some information. Updates to the web site will be made quite soon. (NB the download link on the page is incorrect and will be fixed).

The correct link to the windows installer of rpd is http://www.visual-technologies.co.uk/rpd/setup_rpd2.0.0.1.exe (11MB). Many thanks to Visual Technology Services Ltd. for lending me the space to place this file. If anyone else would like to provide a fast mirror of this file, then please let me know.

I'd be very grateful for any feedback regarding rpd, both positive and negative. I am aware that many bugs still exist in rpd and there are many features that are not finished, however rpd can be used for many complex visualizations.

Some demos are included, many more will be added in future releases. I have included a number of classes which form my "Propagation Toolkit" they are compiled into vtkPropagation and also vtkCustom dll's. At some point these will be separated out as "Add-ons" to rpd.  If you are interested in these classes, then have a look at the propagation links on the SkippingMouse web site (also under construction) - a windows help file with the class details is linked there.

Features which are soon to be added are
Good volume Rendering transfer function editor
Expand collapse of sub-pipeline with editing facilities
Many bug fixes to screen layout
Fixes to 2D actors especially text layout
TCL scripting widget
More Demos

Yours

John Biddiscombe