[vtkusers] problem getting cellId

tholozano at gmx.de tholozano at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 05:06:11 EDT 2003

Hi to all,

my pipeline always crashes down with an windows error message if I want to
get the cellId of a point loacation.
the significant part of my pipeline looks like this:

p[0] = 0; p[1] = 0; p[2] = 0;      //only  for testing

vtkUnstructuredGridReader *reader = vtkUnstructuredGridReader::New();
  reader->SetFileName("tetraeder.vtk");
  reader->SetScalarsName("pressure");
  reader->Update();

cellId = reader->GetOutput()->FindCell(p,NULL,0,0.1,subId,pcoords,weights);
// this line seems to be the problem

Is there an error in my code, or is this a vtk problem? (I'm using VC++)
Paradoxically the pipeline runs if I use cygwin and g++!
Are there any known problems and/or solutions to solve this problem with VC?

Sadly I have to use it for project reasons...

Thanks a lot!

Thomas