[vtkusers] HELP!! Rotation!!

Cedric LE MAITRE Cedric.Le.Maitre at ifremer.fr
Tue Jun 24 03:09:04 EDT 2003

Hi Marisa,

I'm a VTK beginner, but i'll try to answer your question with my OpenGl
knowledges. For make your object rotate on itself, you need that its
position is at the origin of the transformation matrix. By default, VTK
shift the object to the origin and after rotate it. If in your case, it
doesn't work like this, you must have done a translation before. Try to
do the translation after your rotation.

Hope it'll be usefull,
Cedric.