[vtkusers] Window Flickers /MFC

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Fri Jun 20 01:34:56 EDT 2003

Hi Amit,

Override OnEraseBkgnd().  See below.
Can someone fix this in the MFC sample?

> When I resize(stretch or shrink via mouse) the window
> the whole view area flickers. I checked whether the
> double buffering mode is ON & by default it is. I tried
> the same process on other imaging applications & there
> the flicker is absent.

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(vtkMFCRenderView, CView)
  //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(vtkMFCRenderView)
  ON_WM_ERASEBKGND()
  //}}AFX_MSG_MAP
END_MESSAGE_MAP()

BOOL vtkMFCRenderView::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC)
{
  // RenderWindow paints itself.
  // Avoid screen flicker.
  return TRUE;
}

Nigel

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au