[vtkusers] Application slows down

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Wed Jun 18 08:17:29 EDT 2003

> renderer. Should I
> explicitly call
> ReleaseGraphicsResources() on vtkActor or its mapper?(I

Sometimes you do need to do this. There's a nasty bug in the actor/window/renderer code that means that when you remove an actor from a window, it doesn't always get it's resources freed.

If you call ReleaseGraphicsResources yourself you won't be doing any harm. I call it to play safe even though I've got a patch for the bug in question. At some point I shall commit the fix to cvs, but not until I'm happy with it

JB