[vtkusers] installing problems (cgarcha)

Michael S. Vaz gte631d at mail.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 17 06:23:54 EDT 2003

Hi Nabby,
By msdev, I think they are rererring to the Microsoft Development
Environment (ie. Visual Studio).  The *.dsw file is the "workspace" file
as referred to in Visual Studio 6.0.  I believe this is referred to as a
"solution" (*.sln) under VS .NET.

Also, as far as I know the building step is all that you should do.  Once
you have built VTK, the installation process is complete.  You should now
be able to use VTK.

In Visual C++ (C-code in general) you will create an executable
(*.exe) when you compile your code.  You "run" this compiled executable.
As far as I can tell, you are just installing VTK, hence there should be
no compiling (just the ALL_BUILD) and therefore the run step is not
applicable.

Hope this helps,
Sarju

Michael S. Vaz