[vtkusers] Coloring a 2D Mapper

Dirk Schmedding dirk.schmedding at zn-ag.com
Tue Jun 17 04:34:46 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have tried this, but nothing happend. I added ScalarVisibilityOff to
the vtkPolyDataMapper2D, but I have seen no effect.

Herewith the releated code fragment, maybe someone of you can see and
tell me where ( and that seems for me to be the problem) I have to say
the mapper what it has to use (namely the z position data) to color its
content. Or what ever the problem could be...

thanks a lot!
Dirk

//====================================================================================

  vtkTransform *drillTransformCylinderM = vtkTransform::New();
  drillTransformCylinderM->Identity();
  drillTransformCylinderM->Translate( xRangeL, yRangeL, zRangeL );

  vtkCylinderSource *drillCylinderM = vtkCylinderSource::New();
  drillCylinderM->SetCenter( xRangeL, yRangeL, zRangeL );
  drillCylinderM->SetRadius( 4.0 );
  drillCylinderM->SetHeight( 100 );
  drillCylinderM->SetResolution( 5 );

  vtkTransformPolyDataFilter *drillTransPDCylinderM =
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
  drillTransPDCylinderM->SetInput( drillCylinderM->GetOutput() );
  drillTransPDCylinderM->SetTransform( drillTransformCylinderM );

  vtkPolyDataMapper *drillCylinderMapperM = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
  drillCylinderMapperM->SetInput( drillTransPDCylinderM->GetOutput() );

  vtkActor *drillCylinderActorM = vtkActor::New();
  drillCylinderActorM->SetMapper( drillCylinderMapperM );
  drillCylinderActorM->GetProperty()->SetColor( 0.47, 0.56, 0.73);
drillCylinderActorM->SetOrigin( xRangeL, yRangeL, zRangeL );

  rendererM->AddActor( drillCylinderActorM );

  //transform object for drill, needed to show drill at plane 1
  vtkTransform* transformDrill1 = vtkTransform::New();
  transformDrill1->Identity();
  transformDrill1->Scale(plane1ScaleFactorM, plane1ScaleFactorM,
plane1ScaleFactorM);
  transformDrill1->Translate(-DataBoundsM[0],
-DataBoundsM[2],-DataBoundsM[4]);

  //transform filter for drill and plane 1 (needed to apply transform to
drill)
  vtkTransformPolyDataFilter* transformFilterDrill1 =
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
  transformFilterDrill1->SetInput( drillTransPDCylinderM->GetOutput());
  transformFilterDrill1->SetTransform(transformDrill1);
  //transform filter for cone and plane 1 (needed to apply transform to
cone)
  vtkTransformPolyDataFilter* transformFilterCone1 =
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter::New();
  transformFilterCone1->SetInput(drillTransPDConeM->GetOutput());
  transformFilterCone1->SetTransform(transformDrill1);

  vtkPlane *plane11 = vtkPlane::New();
  vtkPolyDataMapper2D *mapper11 = vtkPolyDataMapper2D::New();
  mapper11->SetInput( transformFilterDrill1->GetOutput() );
  mapper11->CreateDefaultLookupTable( );
  mapper11->ScalarVisibilityOff();
  mapper11->AddClippingPlane ( plane11 );
  vtkActor2D *gridActor11 = vtkActor2D::New();
  gridActor11->SetMapper( mapper11 );

  plane1RendererM->AddActor2D( gridActor11 );