[vtkusers] How to include VTK packages in TCL/TK ?

Marcio Antonio Mathias marcio_mathias at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 20:42:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

For many persons Tcl/Tk is not only used as a "glue"
but the unique application language. I have been using
other Tcl/Tk packages, VTcl (A nice visual tool for
Tcl/Tk developing) and packages as BLT (a must for 2-D
graphics). The Tcl/Tk used is provided by ActiveState.
Everytime a new VTK release is available is a
nightmare to get all package running in harmony (when
it is possible...).
Even using the mentioned setup at Rasmus document,
under Win2000 I am still getting the awful "package
require VTK... " message
Some tricks like the use of "open with vtk.exe" cause
the opening of a non a desirable console Window. Has
someone know a good recipe how to get VTK working
properly using the ActiveState Tcl/Tk 8.x release,
integrate to another packages, without having to
recompile all the packages together?
What realy happened with the missing Tcl directory at
the TCLLIBPATH variable (c:/vtk/wrapping/Tcl)?
By the way, at the "readme.html" present at VTK4.2.2
release it is still pointing for www.scriptics.com to
get Tcl/TK.. and has a broken link
(Wrapping/Tcl/README)that points to the missing Tcl
directory...

/Marcio.

=====
Marcio Antonio Mathias <marcio_mathias at yahoo.com>