[vtkusers] C++ introspection (was raw buffer access in Tcl)

H. Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Fri Jun 13 14:13:37 EDT 2003

How do you propose that ability of C++ objects to publish their
architecture
would make pipeline development easier? As I understand it, one could
wrap
classes in CORBA-style mechanisms allowing objects to, in fact, allow
other objects to ask and use 'what's useful about you?' to a given
object.

This means that knowledge about what the parts do is available (at least
at procedural level).

Are you working on a pipeline edit system?

hv

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz wrote:

I have thought for a while that if the vtk build process can
auto-generate
wrappers for other languages then why not for C++. This would give
'introspection' capabilities which would be very useful to make a vtk
pipeline editor...

 my 2c,   Dave Pont