[vtkusers] how do I traverse the scalars of a vtkImageData?

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Fri Jun 13 03:10:12 EDT 2003

Hi,

To make volume rendering possible I want to convert the scalars in an vtkImageData to unsigned chars. I need to change them and make them range from 0 - 255.

I used to use SetScalar, but that doesn't seem to work any longer in VTK4. So what is the best way to traverse the scalar values in a vtkImageData? (getting, changing and setting the values?).

Greetings,

Nico

Nico Vermaas
ASTRON - Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope
Schattenberg 1 - 9433 TA Zwiggelte - The Netherlands

tel: +31 593 598710
vermaas at astron.nl