[vtkusers] How do get vtkImageReader/vtkImageViewer to read along X and Y direction?

Kevin Tiow Wee Tan twtan at cheerful.com
Thu Jun 12 12:43:44 EDT 2003

Hello,
I used following to code to read a raw-byte format file:

reader.SetFilename(filename);
reader.SetDataExtent(0, xDim-1, 0, yDim-1, 0, zDim-1);
reader.FileDimensionality(3);
reader.DataScalarTypeToUnsingedChar();
reader.Update();

and I passed to vtkImageViewer to view images such as following:

imageViewer.SetInput(reader.GetOutput());
imageViewer.SetSize(xDim, yDim);
imageViewer.Render();

The above code works fine if I wanted to view along Z direction, by
using imageViewer.SetZSclice() method.

How easy that I can get vtkImageReader to read along X or Y direction OR
get vtkImageViewer to view along X or Y direction?

The only thing I can think of is using SetTransform() method under
vtkImageReader... Do I need to make any changes for the xDim, yDim, zDim
values under SetDataExtent () method?

or do I need to read byte-by-byte along X and Y directions (the hard
way)?

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated...

--
Thanks
Kevin