[vtkusers] gcc3.2 compilation troubles

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 11 09:57:15 EDT 2003

Hi Ferrer,

> I would like to install the latest release of vtk (4.2.2) on linux box
> with gcc3.2.
[snip]
> /usr/local/VTK-4.2.2/Common/vtkDataArraySelection.cxx:36: parse error before
> `<' token
[snip]
> /usr/local/VTK-4.2.2/Common/vtkDataArraySelection.cxx:63: `::vector'
> undeclared (first use here)

It looks like the configuration of whether the compiler has namespace std
failed.  However, I just built VTK 4.2 with gcc 3.2 without problems.
Please send me the following:

1.)  What version of CMake are you using?

2.)  A copy of CMakeCache.txt from the build tree.

3.)  A copy of CMakeError.log from the build tree.

4.)  What was the exact CMake configuration command you used to generate
the build tree?

Thanks,
-Brad