[vtkusers] Clipping range problem !

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Tue Jun 10 15:38:28 EDT 2003

Sorry for the repost ...

Are ResetCamera and ResetCameraClippingRange incompatible in parallel
display mode ?

We are using ResetCamera to make sure the camera is positioned correctly
when an actor is created and added to the renderer.
But we've find out that huge models were never visible. (Clipping Range
problem)
So we tried calling ResetCameraClippingRange right after ResetCamera but
with no effect.
Calling ResetCameraClippingRange without ResetCamera makes the object
visible but if after that we call ResetCamera, everything dissapears.
The thing is that we don't know were the models we have to display will be
in 3D space and we don't know how big they will be... We need to manage both
of course !

Thanks for any suggestions you may provide us ?