[vtkusers] help on using Marching cubes

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Mon Jun 9 22:29:08 EDT 2003

You need to get the source code and turn "on"  VTK_USE_PATENTED by using CMake,
then re-build vtkPatented.dll.

If you are using a binary installation, you also need to copy the compiled vtkPatented.dll to
x:\your vtk installation\bin, and vtkPatented.lib to x:\your vtk installation\lib\vtk, respectively.
Finally, copy all header files from x:\your vtk source root\patented to x:\your vtk installation\include\vtk.

If you have been using a build from vtk source code tree, you just need to add x:\your vtk source root\patented
for path to header files, x:\your vtk source root\patented\release for path to vtkPatented.lib into your project setting,
or the compiler's default setting.

Hope this help you.

Huiqun Zhou