[vtkusers] GlobalReleaseDataFlagOn and pileline updates ...

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Fri Jun 6 14:19:43 EDT 2003

Greetings (Again ! )

We've tested the use of GlobalReleaseDataFlagOn...
The problem now is that the pipeline doesn't work correctly.
The downstream filters are not capable to request a re-execution of the
upstream filters. (Which is quite surprizing since there is no data between
!)

The vtk error window pops-up with :
ERROR: In D:\Program
Files\vtk40\vtk-src-windows\Graphics\vtkPolyDataNormals.cxx, line 111
vtkPolyDataNormals (0x0B7D0D60): No data to generate normals for!

I don't want to detail how our pipeline is working ( would take too much
time) ... But can someone tell me what globaly needs to be modified when
using GlobalReleaseDataFlagOn ?

In the mean time, i'll prepare a short description of our pipeline...(which
is branching once for connecting to 2 LOD actors with personalized
LODMappers.)

Thanks !