[vtkusers] OSX

Marc Dellinger dellinge at mnhn.fr
Fri Jun 6 04:45:21 EDT 2003

Le jeudi, 5 juin 2003, à 20:01 Europe/Paris, Tobias a écrit :

> could you, or Adrian, post the changes in Mayavi? I recently gave up
> on trying to make it work. Of course, i tried with Mayavi 1.2.. I have
> TclTKAqua 8.4.3 and Python 2.2.3 both as framework installs. Not the
> X11 version.

Mayavi 1.2 does not work in my hands (seg fault)
Mayavi 1.0 : python complains about some unkown "-col" (see below), so
I changes all "col=" in ****.grid(***, col=***.******) as "column=" (I
have to post that on mayavi's list to know if it's correct), and be
carefull that "col" is also used elsewhere for colors and should not be
changed (note that I have the same problem with Mayavi-1.2 on SuSE 8.2
for PC). With these changes, mayavi 1.0 seems to work fine on XDarwin
(not very well on Apple's X11).

This is what python tells me:
 > python mayavi.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "mayavi.py", line 4, in ?
     Main.main ()
   File "Main.py", line 947, in main
     v = MayaVi (r)
   File "Main.py", line 165, in __init__
     self.make_data_list ()
   File "Main.py", line 341, in make_data_list
     but1.grid (row=0, col=0, sticky="ew")
   File "/usr/local/python222Tk/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line
1722, in grid_configure
     self.tk.call(
TclError: ambiguous option "-col": must be -column, -columnspan, -in,
-ipadx, -ipady, -padx, -pady, -row, -rowspan, or -sticky

Hope this helps,
Marc