[vtkusers] Triangle Size

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Thu Jun 5 16:57:03 EDT 2003

Andres,
   try vtkLinearSubdivisionFilter. 2 or 3 iterations was enough for my
data, so try that for a start. The number of triangles increases
exponentially with each iteration.
  Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Andres Barrera"       |
|        |          <andresba at hotmail.com> |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          06/06/2003 08:10       |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |      To:     vtkusers at public.kitware.com                                                                   |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Triangle Size                                                                 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear list

    I have a PolyData. The shape is OK, but the triangles are too big for
my
pourpose (I want to cut it with a plane, but I want more accuracy than the
size of my current triangles)

    I think I could reduce the size of the triangles by creating new points

in the plane of each triangle and using some Delaunay function..... but I
think there should be something much more simple than that.

   Can anyone help me? Any idea?

   Thank you

            Andres