[vtkusers] Implementing Delaunay3D

Todd Schneider tschnei1 at nd.edu
Tue Jun 3 11:37:40 EDT 2003

I am very new to VTK, and need to visualize my unstructured points using
a grid- I am trying to use vtkDelaunay3D with the code implemented
below- it compiles fine, but when I execute the program, I get an
unhandled exception when I get to this line of code

shell->InsertPoint(my_grid, startPoints, jj, current_point, unused);

when looking at the data attributes of unused its "Ids" value is "error:
expression cannot be evaluated"- I assume I am trying to access memory
somewhere that has not been initialized.but I really don't have much of
an idea what to do to fix it.  Any thoughts what on what I am doing
wrong? Thanks in advance,

Todd Schneider

vtkUnstructuredGrid *my_grid = vtkUnstructuredGrid::New();
   vtkDelaunay3D *shell = vtkDelaunay3D::New();

   my_grid = shell->InitPointInsertion(center, box_length,
points->GetNumberOfPoints(), points);
       //new idlist needed to store unused hole tetras
        vtkIdList *unused = vtkIdList::New();
        float current_point[3];
        for(int jj = 0; jj < points->GetNumberOfPoints(); ++jj)
      {

            points->GetPoint(jj, current_point);
            shell->InsertPoint(my_grid, points, jj, current_point,
unused);
      }
      shell->EndPointInsertion();