[vtkusers] How to create stand alone executable file

Li, Guosong (G.) gli8 at ford.com
Mon Jun 2 10:54:19 EDT 2003

Thanks to Nigel Nunn, Garrett Cope, and  Qing Hu for their kindly reply.

I still have problem.

When I start CMake, there are only four lines of Cache values:

CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
VTK_DIR

Many cache values as show in the User's Guide such as

BUILD_EXAMPLES
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
BUILD_TESTING
DART_ROOT
VTK_DATA_ROOT

does not appear in the CMake interface window, so I
cannot change "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" value from "On" to "OFF".

Even I check Show Advanced Values box, those cache items still
does not appear.

I installed CMake using a CD from VTK. The version is "CMake 1.6 - patch 5".

Thanks you for your help!

Guosong Li

Thanks,

Guosong Li