[vtkusers] Building vtk with standalone Mesa

Thu Jul 31 10:19:33 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I'm in severy trouble with CMake and vtk. What I want to do is to build a vtk installation that uses Mesa to render on the client machine and don't use GLX. We've got several Linux and True64 machines that I can't reconfigure to load the GLX extension, so I need Mesa.

Not much of a problem with usual Makefiles, but messy with vtk. I setup CMakeCache.txt pointing to the correct libraries, but this leads to wrong Makefiles containing some targets with the wrong library version.

~/Mesa/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1

are the two different implementations. The X11 supplied version uses GLX, the other one is the one I want to link to. All dependency settings are correctly referring to the Mesa lib, but some (not all, though!) linker options state

[...] -rpath,.: [...] /usr/X11R6/lib:~/Mesa/lib

Which leads to libraries linked to the wrong GL lib.

My question is now: How can I assure the correct order of rpath directories?

Thanks in advance,

Mark