[vtkusers] Removing actors

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Thu Jul 31 06:22:58 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I have posted this question earlier. sorry for repost. I have a Java - VTK
application. In my application, I will be adding/removing actors to the
renderer frequently. If I run my application for about 10 minutes, the
complete window of my application(buttons, menus etc) freezes except for VTK
window(vtkPanel). The freeze is not only limited to my application but it
has its effect on my windows OS too. the windows desktop icons, rightclick
menu everything are effected by this. What I feel is somewhere the graphics
resources are getting jammed and they are not being released properly. Can
somebody tell me what is the right way of removing the actors from renderer
and destroying them so that all graphics resources are released. This
problem has been bothering me for past 2 months. any suggestions will be of
great help.

Thanks
Shyam