[vtkusers] similarity measure

imho imho at bephp.com
Tue Jul 29 11:40:42 EDT 2003

Hi Mathieu,
I don't understand, I  have a problem exporting  to Open Inventor format.
I have a memory error on execute doing this  :
void sourceControlVTK::writeIvModel(int i)
{
    ivWriter->SetFileName(ivFile[i]->latin1());
    if (i==0)
        ivWriter->SetInput(poly[0]);
    else
        ivWriter->SetInput(polyLive);

    ivWriter->SetFileType(2);
    ivWriter->Write();

}
but this works fine :

void sourceControlVTK::writePoly(int i)
{
        polyWriter->SetInput(poly[i]);
        polyWriter->SetFileName(polyFile[i]->latin1());
        polyWriter->SetFileType(2);
        polyWriter->Write();
}
with

-------------
    polyWriter = vtkPolyDataWriter::New();
    ivWriter = vtkIVWriter::New();

    poly[0] = vtkPolyData::New();
    poly[1] = vtkPolyData::New();
    polyLive = vtkPolyData::New();

    polyFile[0] = new QString();
    polyFile[1] = new QString();

    ivFile[0] = new QString();
    ivFile[1] = new QString();

    polyFile[0]->insert(0, *dir);
    polyFile[0]->insert(polyFile[0]->length(), "0.vtk");
    polyFile[1]->insert(0, *dir);
    polyFile[1]->insert(polyFile[1]->length(), "1.vtk");

    ivFile[0]->insert(0, *dir);
    ivFile[0]->insert(ivFile[0]->length(), "0.iv");
    ivFile[1]->insert(0, *dir);
    ivFile[1]->insert(ivFile[1]->length(), "live.iv");

poly[0] and polyLive are initialised and visualised with VTK.
I can save and open the .vtk without any problem

does my polyData need to have some type of specified structure to be
exported to Open  Inventor?

thanks