[vtkusers] Problem in SampleMFC test?

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Mon Jul 28 17:30:48 EDT 2003

Hi Jean-Do
   I experienced something similar some years ago. I never really resolved
it, and the problem went away when I got a new computer.
My guess is that the problem is at a lower level, ie graphics hardware, (or
perhaps OpenGL).

A quick look in the archives turned up this:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2001-August/007548.html
So someone else has had this problem too. I could not see any solution
given, you could look harder in the archives for an answer there.

-Try turning off hardware accelerations in Windows (right click desktop,
select Properties | Settings tab | Advanced button | Troubleshooting tab
(and other tabs)......  probably different under W98...)
-Can you try your application on a machine with more (graphics) memory?
-Don't run fullscreen...

    bon chance
         Dave Pont

                    "Jean-Dominique
                    Barnichon"             To:     "vtkusers" <vtkusers at vtk.org>
                    <jeando.barnicho       cc:
                    n at free.fr>             Subject:     [vtkusers] Problem in SampleMFC test?
                    Sent by:
                    vtkusers-admin at v
                    tk.org

                    29/07/2003 04:52

hi,

I've compiled the vtk4.0 MFC sample test (located in
Examples\GUI\Win32\SampleMFC) with VC++6.0 (sp5) under Win98.
When running the exe in fullscreen mode 1024*768*32 (the main frame and the
child frames), there is a  bug which can be easily seen by set background
white in vtkMFCRenderView constructor :
           this->Renderer->SetBackground(1,1,1);

Then, you just run the exe and you open several child windows.
You (at least I do) should get a black area at the right and bottom part of
the window that increases in size as more and more child windows are
opened.

It sounds like a problem between Win32 and vtk?
Does anybody obtain the same behaviour and/or has a clue where it could
come
from?

Jean-Do